EVOLUTION YOGA NC YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
EXCITING CHANGES ARE COMING….PLEASE STAY TUNED AND CHECK BACK!!!
Welcome to Evolution Yoga’s 200 hour level yoga teacher training program (YTT). Whether you are interested in learning to teach yoga or would like to deepen your own practice, Evolution’s Teacher Training program is committed to the personal success of every participant. The full purpose of this training is to teach you how to serve yourself so that you may better serve the greater community and humanity. Our 200 hour certification program provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of teaching yoga asana and philosophy with an emphasis on the Hatha Vinyasa style. Participants will be immersed in a program rich in the full spectrum of all that is yoga.
Program Topic Overview:
Our training will explore physiological aspects of asana (poses), pranayama (breath work), and meditation; basic anatomy/physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body (chakras). In addition we will cover:
– History and philosophy of yoga through the study of the Baghavad Gita and The Yoga Sutras, ancient texts that outline the roots of yoga
– Although Vinyasa (flow) will be our primary focus, we will have intensives in Restorative yoga, Pre-Natal yoga, Children’s yoga, Yin, and Curvy Yoga. We will also discuss Marketing, Principles of Practice, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching, Assists, Practice-teaching sessions with fellow trainees, intimate study groups, observing and assisting “live” classes, and teaching through your SEVA project.
– Stacy Winslow, E-RYT 500 is your lead trainer and creator of the Evolution Yoga NC curriculum, approved by Yoga Alliance. To keep the price of training affordable, the number of guest teachers is kept to a minimum. You will be expected to experience 4 classes at approved area studios taught by approved experienced teachers. Although I am your trainer and mentor, you will also be encouraged to experience the value and teachings of other well-trained teachers.
Teach Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens
Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
1. Attend Weekend Sessions with 100% commitment and dedication, prepared for note-taking.
2. Keep a Journal of practices throughout the length of the course. Practice at home at least 3 times per week. Be sure to vary the styles that you practice: Vinyasa, restorative, deep stretch, power, etc. Simply become familiar with moving and flowing in your own body, in any way that you like.
3. Complete a Book Report on the Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele. Simply write about your thoughts regarding the book and how the book relates to you personally.
4. Complete 4 take home themed sequencing assignments.
5. Take a minimum of 18 classes at Evolution Yoga NC outside of training weekends (included in tuition)
6. Complete 4 class observations
7. Complete 4 class assists
8. Seva project: teach 4 volunteer small group classes to an at-risk population. This comes later in the program and must be pre-approved by the lead trainer.
9. Teach a 1-on-1 class to the lead trainer.
Techniques 100 hours
Teaching Methodology 25 hours
Anatomy and Physiology 25 hours
Yoga Philosophy / Lifestyle / Ethics 38 hours
Practicum 21 hours
Electives 15 hours
*Please note that this training goes beyond the Yoga Alliance’s minimum 200 hours to ensure your preparedness.
email firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment form and to schedule a face to face meeting prior to enrollment.